William B. "Bill" Weidenaar, age 83, US Army Veteran, beloved husband of 57 years to Suzanne, nee Mejeur. Loving father of David (Alexandria) Weidenaar, Jennifer (Ronald) Pruiksma and Rebecca (Michael) Cudecki. Cherished grandfather of David, Nick (Jenna), Matthew Weidenaar; Jake (Carolyn), Joshua Pruiksma; Ryan Shepherd, Lindsay and Rena Cudecki. Dearest great grandfather of Emery Weidenaar. Dear brother of Bernard (Marilyn) Weidenaar and Rev. Harry (Grace) Weidenaar. Fond brother-in-law and uncle of many. Bill was the senior managing partner of Ruff, Weidenaar and Reidy Law Firm.
Visitation Sunday, November 1, 2020 from 2-6 p.m. at Colonial Chapel 15525 S. 73rd Ave. (155th/Wheeler Dr. & Harlem) Orland Park, IL. To uphold safety guidelines, all guests are asked to wear a mask and respect social distancing requirements.
A private funeral service will take place on Monday, November 2, 2020 at 10 a.m. A live-stream of the service will be available, please visit Bill's obituary on Colonial Chapel's website at colonialchapel.com.
Live-stream link for Bill's Funeral Service on November 2, 2020 at 10:00 a.m.
Bill joined the firm of of Ruff and Grotefeld in 1963. During the ensuing years, he served as an associate, partner, managing partner and of counsel. More importantly, Bill served as a mentor, role model and teacher to each of the firm’s attorneys. His razor sharp mind and superb legal abilities won him the admiration and respect of each of the firm’s lawyers and its many clients. Bill has left a lasting mark on the firm that can never be erased. In grateful appreciation, we thank him for all he has done for us and for the firm’s clients.
• J.D., University of Chicago Law School, 1962
• A.B., Calvin College, Philosophy and History, 1959
• Chicago Christian High School, 1955
• American Bar Association
• Illinois State Bar Association
• Chicago Bar Association
Professional Work and Civic Activities
• Board of Directors, Hoyne Savings Bank
• Chairman, Board of Directors, Hoyne Savings Bank
• Board of Trustees, Trinity Christian College
• Chairman of the Board, Board of Trustees, Trinity Christian College
• Board of Trustees, Christian Reformed Church in North American
• Chairman of the Board, Christian Reformed Church in North America
• Council, Grace Community Christian Reformed Church, Oak Lawn, IL
• Board of Directors, Evangelical Child and Family Agency
• Chairman, Board of Directors, Evangelical Child and Family Agency
• Founder, Barnabas Foundation, Christian Reformed Church in North America
• Board of Directors, Barnabas Foundation
• Chairman, Board of Directors, Barnabas Foundation
Bill was born on July 29, 1937, in Hammond, IN, and raised in the Chicago area.
Photo Tribute Below
This obituary is protected by copyright by Colonial Chapel Funeral Home & Crematory. Proudly Serving the Communities of Orland Park, Tinley Park, Oak Forest, Palos Heights, Frankfort, Orland Hills, New Lenox, Chicago, Palos Park, Palos Hills, Mokena, Lockport, and Justice . Colonial Chapel Funeral Home & Crematory is located in the state of Illinois, United States.
All rights reserved. This obituary is also archived at obittree.com